The Sterling E. Murray Award for Student Travel The Sterling E. Murray Award for Student Travel, named in honor of SECM’s founding president, was established in 2011 to encourage and enable college and university students aged 35 years or under, enrolled as full-time undergraduate or graduate students in accredited academic programs and having career interests that relate to the mission of the Society for Eighteenth-Century Music, to attend the Society’s biannual meetings. The award consists of $500 to support travel expenses as well as a student membership in the Society for one year. Award recipients are announced in the Society’s newsletter and recognized at the meeting that they attend.
Application Procedure: download application form
Please submit applications as a PDF document to:
Sterling E. Murray Award Committee Chair
Applications for the 2020 SECM conference are due by 15 October 2019.
Applications consist of the following items:
1. Applicant information form.
2. A statement of 300 words or less describing your academic interests as they relate to the study of eighteenth-century music.
3. Your current curriculum vitae.
4. If you have proposed a paper for the meeting, a copy of the abstract submitted to the Program Committee.
5. If you have attended one or more SECM meetings in the past, a brief statement about what you gained from the experience.
6. A letter of support from your major professor. Letters should be emailed directly to the Sterling E. Murray Award Committee Chair (email@example.com). Letters must be received by 15 October 2019.
Back to home page